Good to knowStudent status

What's my status during the courses?

Having been admitted to the Studienkolleg, the Kolleg für deutsche Sprache und Kultur, or a Foundation Semester Course, you must enroll at Heidelberg University after the start of the semester. You will then be officially enrolled as a student at the University of Heidelberg and receive a student ID card.

Student card example

With your student ID card, you can also

  • eat at student prices at the canteens operated by the Studierendenwerk
  • profit from various student discounts (e.g. at cinemas or theatres).

You will receive more detailed information about how to enroll after the start of the semester.